Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Layout - "Hello! Spring" DT Project for Gina's Designs

In this layout for Gina's Designs my cat "Batman" watches out the window waiting for Spring to arrive. Gina's Designs products include the large doily in back, the chipboard window, the large flourish in upper left, and the swirly vine at the top of the window. The butterfly is by Renea Bouquets on Etsy. The sun I cut with my cricut. I used Tim Holtz frosted film on the window panes then sprinkled the sticky film with clear glass microbeads (see closeup)





I used a dry brush technique to cover my chipboard window, simply dry brushing light coats of gesso, and some pale acrylics until I got the look I wanted.  I covered the back side of the window panes with the Tim Holtz frosted film.  with the sticky side up I sprinkled on clear glass microbeads.  I love the effect.

6 comments:

  1. This is beautiful! I love the special effects on the glass what a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love both your cat layouts, the windows are just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely lovely! I have never used Tim Holtz's frosted film - I need to check it out! Thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those window panes look terrific! You did very nice job. I might just have try out those techniques.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Auch dieses Layout ist excellent gestaltet, liebe Nancy! Die Idee mit den klaren Microkügelchen als Fensterscheiben ist genial!
    Liebe Grüße, Bärbel

    ReplyDelete