Thursday, July 25, 2013

Vintage Beach Canvas - More Fun with Gina's Designs

I have so much fun playing with the chipboard shapes from Gina's Designs, especially when I'm getting inky and messy with a canvas at the same time.  Every Summer I like to create a canvas with a vintage beach theme.  I grew up at the beach and I really miss it a lot.  Although I enjoy mountain and desert views these days, there is nothing like the smell of the sea, the sounds of the surf and the feel of sand in between your toes.


I covered the canvas in gesso, stenciled the ledger pattern from Crafter's Workshop, then used various ink sprays, and finally a little more gesso over parts of the canvas.


These chipboard shells from Gina's designs were fun to decorate.  First I covered them with gesso for some texture, then I used Prima chalk inks in various colors, a little diamond dust, and finally a coat of Tim Holtz distress clear rock candy crackle paint.  The fence in the background, also from Gina's Designs was painted with gesso using a dry brush technique, inked a little bit, then embossed in areas with Tim Holtz distress embossing powder.


The palm tress, one of my favorite shapes from Gina's Designs were inked with Prima Chalk Inks, then covered with Tim Holtz distress crackle paint in clear rock candy.



Also from Gina's Designs (but not listed on the site at this time) are:

Sand & Surf title
Sea Shells & Seahorse
Fence

(you may request these items directly from Gina by going to her website)






2 comments:

  1. You did an amazing job with this. I think this is my favorite of your creations so far. But I am a beach lover!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super wonderful!!! Love it!!
    kiss from spain

    ReplyDelete