Tuesday, July 22, 2014

12 x 12 Layout in a Shadowbox Frame

Today I'm sharing a project that is personal to me.   The main photo is me as a little girl, with Mom in the oval frame.  I'm calling this piece "The Dressmaker's Daughter".  When I was young, my Mom made all of my dresses and I used to model them in fashion show competitions.  I really enjoyed it, and I continued modeling on department store runways well into my 20's.  

This project began as an unfinished shadowbox frame I purchased at Michael's.  I painted the frame with gesso,  then I did some stenciling with modeling paste, some stamping and some spraying until I got the look I wanted.  The papers I used on the layout are from the French Seamstress Kit at Kitty's Scrap Post.  I really love this digital paper kit and this is my second project using it.  I also did some fussy cutting of elements from the kit like spools, thimbles, birdcage, flowers, etc, and of course you'll find plenty of Gina's chippies on it too.  The shadowbox is fairly deep so I added measuring tape and some wooden spools to the inside.   Thanks for looking!




Gina's Design Products Used:


Design paper by Kitty's Scrap Post - The French Seamstress Kit
Latex roses in two tone blue on upper right of layout by Craftsupplies1
Lace Appliques by Cathy's Crazy by Design on Etsy

2 comments:

  1. It's absolutely GORGEOUS, Nancy :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exquisite and so rich in detail.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete