Thursday, November 20, 2014

Christmas Kitties House Shadow Box for Gina's Designs


Today I'm sharing another of my favorite pieces, our house shadow box.  I've decorated this one especially for one of my kitty loving friends as a Christmas gift.

 After assembling the shadowbox, I painted it with gesso and applied Tim Holtz tissue tape in music note pattern to the edges.  The inside of the niches, and the outside of the shadow box were papered with a printable digital paper in a vintage Christmas pattern.

 I filled the box mainly with fussy cut digital images that I found on Pinterest, or purchased on Etsy, and handmade little books which I created from free digital files.  The smaller of our layered chipboard fireplaces fits perfectly in the larger square of the box, and I thought it added a cozy feel.

The lamppost at the upper right is also by Gina's Designs, and is available in the store as a larger piece than shown here.  I had requested that this smaller version be custom cut for me.  The shadow box was cut at a depth of 1 1/2 inches by request.  The standard depth is 2 inches, but you can request it be cut to fit your needs as I did.


Gina's Designs Products Used:

Fireplace (coming to the store soon)

Other:
Vintage Christmas digital paper kit by Crafty Secrets
Wooden vintage cat icons by Pork Chop Show on Etsy

1 comment:

  1. Oh Girl, you captured my heart on this one! Wonderful art!

    ReplyDelete