Monday, January 27, 2014

Filmstrip shadowbox as a nature assemblage

Today I am sharing another project inspired by nature, one of my favorite themes.  When I saw this Filmstrip Shadowbox, I knew it had to be mine!  After I got it, I puzzled over the decision on which one of my many ideas I should use, and with which orientation I wanted to use  You can place this piece either horizontally or vertically.  My first inclination was a Steampunk project, or maybe a fun retro pin-up theme would be great.  This would also be perfect for family photos, or anything with a movie theme.   All you need is your imagination.





Gina's Designs Products Used:

Bug Collector Shape Set (the bumble bee)
Leafy Trees Small (a random piece under the bird nest)

Other Products:

White Gesso and Gilder's Paste in patina (front and outside of the box)
Washi tape lines the inside of the box
Inka Gold to edge the wings
Prima Chalk Inks to color the bird and the bee
text stamp on the bee wings
Enamel accents in black on the bee
Butterflies by Renea Bouquets on Etsy
Feathers, moss, branches, birds, eggs, birdhouse and metal piece at top center are all from my stash




2 comments:

  1. Love the theme, birds , nest,feathers, metal piece on front, artful arrangement of branches at top!

    ReplyDelete