Thursday, February 20, 2014

An altered frame in a vintage shabby style

Today I am sharing this altered frame that I created as a gift for my friend.  Before I mailed it to her, I added this photo of my paternal Grandmother.  She passed away when I was young but I still remember how we used to sit outside in her yard and enjoy the sunshine.  I began with a 12 x 12 unfinished frame from Michael's.  I have altered several of these, and they are so much fun to play with as each one comes out so different.  This one I decided to paper instead of paint, but also did some stenciling with paint over the paper for a mixed media effect.  The project came together quickly and easily with some Gina's Designs chipboard shapes and some flowers.  I hope you like it!





Gina's Designs Products Used:

Steampunk 2 Shape Set (pocket watch)

Other Products:
Petaloo Flowers
BoBunny "The Avenues" Design Paper
TCW Damask Stencil
Folk Art Paints
Prima Chalk Inks
Tim Holtz Distress Embossing Powder
Prima Butterfly
Bo Bunny Trinket

1 comment:

  1. This turned out awesome. I love the chipboard you fit into this layout!

    ReplyDelete