Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Halloween Graveyard - Design Team for Gina's Designs

This Standing Dome from the Home Decor section of Gina's Designs, comes in two styles.  This one has a solid back and the other style has a framed opening at the back.  I love both of them, but this one in particular, because it does remind me of a tombstone.  The piece wasn't designed for Halloween necessarily, but I couldn't help myself.  The 4-inch depth seemed like such a likely spot for these skeletons to hang out.  


I painted the assembled piece black, then dry brushed some orange in places.  I also adhered some packaged spider webbing from the Halloween section of the dollar store with gel medium for extra texture, and melted it into the paints with my heat gun.  I also spread on a bit of glass bead gel and brass colored distress paint.  For the mossy look I added green acrylic paint with a dry brush.   I don't usually start with a plan, I just keep adding color and texture until I achieve the look I want.

Gina's Designs Products Used:

Collage Sheet Images by:
Seneca Pond Crafts
Alpha Stamps

No comments:

Post a Comment