Sunday, April 6, 2014

Mixed Media 12 x 12 Scrapbook Layout

Lately I've been stepping out of comfort zones and trying new things.  I'm really interested in layers and mixed media techniques on scrapbook layouts.  I've seen some amazing artistic pieces.  On a recent mini album I created, I had a photo left over that I had inadvertently printed too large for the mini album so I thought I'd use the photo for practice.  I was going for a natural outdoorsy effect, and most importantly I've tried to create some depth.  I've noticed many of my attempts at mixed media have lacked depth of texture and color.  I plan to keep working at it.

I used a lot of old stash to experiment with, and naturally some of Gina's Designs chipboard shapes including some new pieces that I just love which I will list below.  The ferns, flower and leaves are some older die cuts probably by K and Company.  I rolled them around with an embossing tool to give them some shape and texture.  I thought they came out pretty good actually, considering that they started out flat.  Also I used a lot of stamps, inks, gesso etc., burlap, and of course washi tape, one of my new favorite embellishments.
























Products Used:

Gina's Design's Chipboard Shapes
A Moment in Time (Words & Phrases 1)
Photo Reel Miniatures
Art Deco Corners


Mambi Design paper
Tim Holtz Distress Ink
Dylusions Stencils
Tim Holtz Stencils
Butterflies by Renea Bouquets on ETSY





















No comments:

Post a Comment