Friday, April 11, 2014

Wall Art - DT Project Ephemera's Vintage Graden

This Altered Wall Art piece is a Design Team project for Ephemera's Vintage Garden.  I began with a 12 x 12 unfinished frame from Michael's, and some collage style digital papers from the Shabby Chic Mashup paper add-on.  It's a set of 8 printable double-sided pages designed for 4 x 6 mini journals.  They are a "mashup" of several other designs in Debbie's current digital minis line, and were designed to coordinate with other collections.  It just so happens that 6 of these pages will fit perfectly in a 12 x 12 frame.  I love that there is plenty of space around the frame to decorate as I didn't want to take too much away from the designs, the papers are so pretty.  

Once I had the frame finished with stenciling, stamping and misting, I used Mod Podge to adhere the papers to the back of the frame.  I then framed each "section" with a tiny lace trim, giving almost a shadowbox effect.  I decorated the sections with bits of this 'n that, mostly whatever was handy and fit with the theme.  I layered my embellishments for dimension, further adding to a shadowbox effect.
  
Working with digital papers is amazing because you can print them out as many times as you'd like.  It's a great opportunity to have matching projects to decorate your space with.  I will be covering a jewelry box next.  If you scroll down to the labels section at the right margin you can find my other projeects I have made with this same collection.  Head over to Ephemera's Vintage Garden, to check out the gorgeous papers, and sign up for some amazing freebies HERE


Other Products Used:
Diamond patterned texture sheet on the frame, small dressform, and doily by Gina's Designs
Butterflies by Renea Bouquests on Etsy
Most embellishment die cuts by Kaisercraft, Prima, and Creative Imaginations




4 comments:

  1. This is so gorgeous Nancy! The details are amazing and everything is just so well combined. Thank you for sharing another wonderful team project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow wee, Nancy! Your project is just loaded with pretty goodness! So much incredible detail! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful attention to detail.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete