Saturday, March 5, 2016

Layout - What A Wonderful World


In 2007 I reluctantly moved from the Hollywood apartment, my friends,  and the lifestyle that I dearly loved, so that my pets could have a better life in a rural area. I still kept them "enclosed" for their safety from coyotes and other potential dangers, but we built enclosures outside of many of the windows and also a massive three level one in the back of the property that they could access down an enclosed walkway. The space and the views they had were completely different from the limited world they'd experienced through the windows of my apartment.    My goal was to give them extra years by giving them a happier and more fulfilling life

Oliver was my favorite, and by the grace of God, he lived the longest of that group from those Hollywood apartment days. Almost exactly half of his life was spent here. In the last weeks of his life, he didn't visit the large enclosure much, but instead favored this smaller one that I photographed him bird-watching from.  Whether or not he was out there was one of my ways of gauging how well he was feeling, and even though he's been gone for a few months already, I still find myself looking up to that enclosure to see if he's there whenever I'm outdoors in the back yard.

I just hope he was happy.

Butterflies by Renea Bouquets, paper and diecuts by Kaisercraft Limelight collection.

I am entering my layout in the March challenge on the Kaisercraft blog.

Thanks for looking!


6 comments:

  1. Oh Nancy, this is such a wonderful layout. You have captured Oliver's curiosity and enjoyment perfectly. Oliver WAS and IS happy. No cat could have a better life than he did. TFS - this is very touching.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. Love how you have caught that 'magic of nature in your layout. Good luck with the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely way to remember Oliver - awesome way of keeping pets too! A great take on the sketch - Thank you for joining in the March Challenge at Kaisercraft!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great page of your beautiful pets, Thanks for jointing in the march Sketch Challenge at Kaisercraft, :) Good Luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing detail on this page. I love the memory too. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful Nancy. Thank you for sharing your lovely work with us at Kaisercraft : )
    Alicia xx

    ReplyDelete