Friday, March 18, 2016

Altered Wooden Butterfly Wall Plaque

Hi Crafty Friends!  Today I am sharing an altered wall decor piece that I have entered in the Reneabouquets March mood board challenge.  It was a simple piece to create.  I traced the shape onto my chosen design paper (products listed below), cut it out, then adhered it to the wood with matte Mod Podge.  I used vintage photo distress ink along all the edges.  I added a wee bit of texture paste through a stencil at the top right, along with a wee bit of spraying.   Using the Mod Podge to adhere, I added a couple of die cut pieces and a couple of die cut flourishes.  The image was added using pop dots for dimension, and the top banner piece underneath the image is also on pop dots.    I tucked in the flowers here and there (mainly all from the same Prima multi-colored flower package), then I tucked in the leopard butterflies, and then hot glued the dragonflies.  It was actually very simple.  Thanks so much for looking!

Wooden Plaque from Michael's (11 inches at the widest point)
Butterflies and Dragonflies by Renea Bouquets
Image freebie from Fripperies and Butterflies (weekly freebies)
Design paper by DCWV (the primrose stack)
Banner pieces and die cut images are from the same paper stack
Prima flowers - Labelle Island Mix


  1. Nancy - this is gorgeous! What an inspirational piece! I really need to venture into OTP projects like this. I think I'd really enjoy it. This is just beautiful in every way! Good luck - you deserve to win!

  2. Gorgeous Nancy!! What a treasure you have turned this Michaels find into!!
    Jackie ")