Wednesday, March 5, 2014

A 12 x12 layout for Ephemera's Vintage Garden and a new DT Announcement

Exciting news!  I have joined the Design Team for Ephemera's Vintage Garden!  I couldn't help but notice the gorgeous digital designs in the Etsy shop, and at the same time I wanted to try something fresh and new.  I wanted something that would combine well with my chipboard from Gina's Designs, and the multitude of designer flowers and other embellishments I already own.  Hybrid scrapbooking, using digital papers along with traditional elements,  seemed to really fit the bill. I love that I can print out as many of the images that I need.  I am so excited to have been invited to be a part of this team, and to share my first project.
I chose to create a layout as my first project on the team.   I wanted to challenge myself to see how well these digital designs would combine with mixed media as well as traditional embellishments.  I love the shabby look, and the soft pastels.  I've featured my daughter Maggie May on one of her vintage clothing shopping sprees.

The background paper is a mostly plain paper from my stash, and all other paper, and paper layers,  are from Ephemera's Vintage Garden.   The digital papers I used are from the Shabby Chic Mashup paper add-on.  It's a set of 8 printable double-sided pages designed for 4 x 6 mini journals.  They are a "mashup" of several other designs in Debbie's current digital minis line, and were designed to coordinate.

Digital Products Used:
Digital Papers from Epemera's Vintage Garden (Shabby Chic Mashup)

Other Products:
Chipboard and small doilies from Gina's Designs
Petaloo Flowers
Dragonfly by Renea Bouquets
Liquitex Modeling Paste
The Crafter's Workshop stencils
Dylusions ink sprays
Prima Junkyard Findings












1 comment:

  1. Hi - I wanted to say hi and congratulate you on becoming a designer for Debbie of EVG! I luv your layout, and look forward to seeing future DT projects using EVG's gorgeous downloads. Also, it looks like I will have fun checking out your blog here...you are very talented! It's a pleasure meeting you Nancy! Have a happy scrappy day! FYI: You can find my Youtube channel listed under LILRHONDALEE.

    Buh-bye for now -
    Rhonda Lee

    ReplyDelete