Saturday, March 15, 2014

Altered Wooden Purse for Ephemera's Vintage Garden

This altered purse is a Design Team project for Ephemera's Vintage Garden.  I bought the purse at Michaels in the unfinished wood section.  I'd always though they were adorable, but had never tried altering one.  I had so much fun creating it, and it's a very quick project.  I love the collage style of the digital papers I had to work with.  It really makes the decorating so easy.  The papers I used are from the Shabby Chic Mashup paper add-on.  It's a set of 8 printable double-sided pages designed for 4 x 6 mini journals.  They are a "mashup" of several other designs in Debbie's current digital minis line, and were designed to coordinate.  

The photo below is the front of the purse:

 I adhered the papers to the wood with matte Mod Podge and gave it a good heavy topcoat so the purse can be wiped with a damp cloth.  I used some chipboard shapes from Gina's Designs including the tiny dressform, the lacy trim at the bottom, and the key plate.  I mostly embossed the chipboard.  I replaced the wooden handle that came with the purse with an inexpensive one from Ace hardware and I distressed it with Gilder's Paste.  Flowers, feathers, and  metal pieces were all stash items.

Photo below is the back of the purse:

Below is the side where you can see how I used washi tape and hand stamping to decorate.  I used Tim Holtz metal feet to display the purse so it's standing up on my dresser.  I had planned on gifting it, but I can't part with it :)


This purse is my second Design Team project for Ephemera's Vintage Garden using the Shabby Chic Mashup add-on set.  There are more gorgeous papers in this set that I still haven't show you.  I will reveal more of them next month in an amazing wall decor piece that I am currently working on.  It's gorgeous and I can't wait to show it off!  Working with digital papers is amazing because you can print them out as many times as you'd like.  It's a great opportunity to have matching projects to decorate your space with.  Head over to Ephemera's Vintage Garden, to check out the gorgeous papers, and sign up for some amazing freebies HERE










No comments:

Post a Comment