Thursday, March 13, 2014

Layout using the Scraps of Darkness February kit

Here is another layout featuring my daughter Maggie and the Scraps of Darkness February kit called "A Touch of Grey".  Initially, I'd planned on working with only the main kit, but I loved everything so much I ended up purchasing items featured in the add-ons.  The paper is all from the main kit, as is the film reel stencil that I used in the upper left corner.  I filled in the stencil with Tim Holtz black soot distress ink.  The skeleton clock at the bottom left is also in the main kit.  It is made of metal, but I dabbed it heavily with white gesso to match the look I was after.  I also used Prima's Everyday Vintage Paintables from the main kit, and I painted the piece with a touch of baby pink Prima chalk ink which I just dabbed onto my non stick mat and added a bit of water, then painted with a small brush.  I used the pink embossing powder which is included in the main kit on the left side of the page, and also on the filmstrip at left. I applied the embossing to a script stencil that I had in my stash.  From the embellishment add-on kit I used several die cuts, and a journaling spot.  Flowers are from my stash. I have fussy cut a rose from a sheet of paper from the coordinating paper add-on.  It just so happened, and being that I'm a pink girl, I had that sheet of paper in my stash.  Thanks for looking and for visiting my blog today!







1 comment: