Friday, March 7, 2014

Layout with Scraps Of Darkness February Kit

I call this layout "Dare You".  It features my daughter Maggie May on one of her modeling shoots.  Yes, it's a live snake EEK!  Maggie loves animals, even snakes, so she wasn't bothered by it in the least.  This was my first experience working with Scraps of Darkness, and I really enjoyed it!  You get lots of matching papers and coordinating embellishments, mixed media elements, and even a sketch that you can use as a guide.  There are add-on kits you can also purchase. For my layout I worked with the main kit, and I based my first layout on the sketch.  In addition to some of the kit papers I used flowers from the kit (the yellow ones). I embossed my flourishes (A sizzix die) and the film reel (an svg cutting file) with a script stamp and the pale pink embossing powder that came in the kit.  The steampunk doily ( on top of the film reel is by Gina's Designs)The butterflies are by Renea Bouquets on ETSY.  I have plenty of paper left for more layouts and projects, so watch for them soon!

Here is the sketch I worked with:





















Here is my take on the sketch:




1 comment: